15 Addiction Statistics You Need to Know (Shareable Images)
"That won't happen to me; I am a safe user." - Most Active Addicts
As active addicts or alcoholics, we tend to think we are invincible. We push drug and drink into our bodies with little to no thought about the danger of what we are doing.
If we happen to think about the chaos we are causing our bodies, it is swiftly followed up by the thought, "(Insert addiction related disease here) won't happen to me."
The fact of the matter is that death or irrevocable health issues generally go hand-in-hand with addicts and alcoholics. So encompassed by our disease and the mental obsession of the next 'quick fix' far outweighs our body's cry for help.
Addiction is real; it is a deadly disease that takes over not only our mind and spirit, but our bodies as well, and these addiction statistics prove just that: we are not invincible despite our best thinking.
To spread awareness, we have created 'shareable bits' with each addiction statistic featured on its own image as to promote sharing.
Let us work together to spread awareness of the reality of addiction.
15 Addiction Statistics You Need to Know
1. 24.5 million people 12+ live with substance abuse (ASAM)
2. 46 Americans die, every day, from prescription opioid overdoses (Drugs.com)
3. 17% of men and 8% of women will develop a problem with alcohol in their lifetime (NIAAA)
4. 8,200 Americans die annually from heroin overdoses (ASAM)
5. Heroin overdoses have quadrupled (DrugAbuse.gov)
6. 1 in 30 high school have abused OxyContin (ASAM)
7. Heroin use has doubled among 18 - 25 year olds in the US (ASAM)
8. 88,000 deaths are annually attributed to excessive alcohol use (CDC)
9. There are approximately 23,000 deaths among men and women in 2013 from prescription drugs (DrugAbuse.gov)
10. 45% of heroin users are co-addicted to pain killers (CDC)
11. There are approximately 16,000 opioid overdoses in the US (DrugAbuse.gov)
12. 75% of opioid addiction disease patients switch to heroin because it's cheaper (ASAM)
13. 240 million people in the US suffer from Alcohol Use Disorder (NIAA)
14. 5.3 million adults or 33% of individuals under correctional supervision were drinking at the time of offense (NCADD)
15. Only 11% of the 23 million Americans addicted received treatment (Forbes)
There are so many active addicts who desperately need help getting into treatment. If you or your loved one are suffering from addiction, let us help you.
Call our 24-hour line
[aio_button align="left" animation="none" color="black" size="small" icon="none" text="1-866-951-1824" relationship="dofollow" url="http://www.newmethodwellness.com/contact"]
You can fill out the form below and someone will be with you as soon as possible.
[gravityform id="1" title="false" description="false"]