Vivitrol prescription is a monthly injectable medicine used to prevent alcohol and opioid dependence.
Approved by the FDA years ago, Vivitrol is a becoming a key player in helping individuals suffering from opiate and alcohol addiction to recover.
Vivitrol works by blocking the effects of opiates on the brain cells, essentially making an opiate ‘high’ ineffective. Vivitrol is a non-addictive prescription drug, contrary to other popular anti-addiction drugs including methadone and buprenorphine, which are often misused as a primary drug substitute.
At New Method Wellness, we believe in providing a holistic array of therapeutic methods, programs, and assistance to our clients to provide the best possible chance for a happy and healthy recovery. We are authorized to distribute Vivitrol to our clients, if approved by our consulting physician.
Possible Side Effects of Vivitrol
- Opiate overdose, if patient uses opiates after Vivitrol treatment injection
- Reactions at the injection site
- Liver damage or hepatitis
- Behavioral abnormalities
- Allergic reaction
- Cold symptoms
Treatment of Opiate Dependence
Opiate dependent individuals who attend treatment or counseling have reported:
- Complete abstinence for longer periods of time
- Remained in their primary treatment program for longer
- Experienced fewer cravings
- Experienced less physical symptoms of withdrawal making the individual less likely to relapse
Treatment of Alcohol Dependence
Alcohol dependent individuals who attend treatment or counseling have reported:
- Fewer heavy drinking days
- More success remaining completely abstinent from alcohol
Learn about our Vivitrol program: